Our research topics & methods
The central method used in our group is NMR spectroscopy, in solution state and in the solid state, under magic-angle spinning.
In addition, we employ molecular biology and biochemistry to produce proteins and nucleic acids for our investigations.
On the one hand, we are interested in understanding molecular phenomena such as
- Role of molecular motions in protein (mal)function:
- Following chemical reactions in real time
- Disorder and conformational transitions
- Reprogramming of function by chemical modifications of proteins
We also strive to advance NMR methodology
- Bridging the interface between solid and solution-state NMR
- Integration of NMR with complementary methods in collaborations
- Electron microscopy, scattering techniques & computation
We have established biological targets of high biolmedical relevance, on which we unleash the potential of NMR. Please have a look below for our research topics below.